Koresht Baamieh "Okra Stew"
- 2 Servings
- Cooking Time: 65 minutes
- Meat "Beef", 200 grams
- Okra, 150 grams
- Potato, 150 grams
- Onion, 150 grams
- Lemon Juice, 1 tablespoon
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Tomato Paste, 1 tablespoon
- Ground Turmeric, 1/3 teaspoon
- Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- Black Pepper, 1/4 teaspoon
- Cooking Oil
- Pour oil into the cooking pot and fry the onion until slightly golden. Add salt, black pepper, turmeric, garlic and mix thoroughly.
- Add the meat and stir until they are brown on all sides.
- Add the tomato paste, mix and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add boiling water, cover with the lid and cook over medium low heat for 45 minutes.
- Add the okras and potatoes and cook for another 15 minutes. Take care not to overcook the okras so that they do not become slippery.
- Add the lemon juice, adjust the seasoning and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Khoresht Baamieh is served with Chelow "White Rice".