Chelow "With Rice Cooker"
- 2 Servings
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Basmati Rice, 250 grams (1 cup is about 125 grams)
- Butter, 20 grams (optional)
- Salt 2 teaspoons (optional)
- Ground Saffron 1/5 of a teaspoon (optional)
- Wash the rice a few times until the water runs clear
- Soak the saffron in 5 tablespoons of boiling water (optional)
- Place the rice in the rice cooker and add water. Add about same amount of water you do for other types of rice (Japanese rice). Usually for 1 cup of rice, one and a half cup of water is added. The marked lines in the rice cooker’s pot make it easier to remember whether next time, you should add a little more or a little less for a better result.
- Add salt and give it a gentle stir "to mix the salt".
- Close the lid and press the ON button.
- When it is done, gently mix the rice, preferably without mashing or breaking the rice grains.
- Pour the brewed saffron over the rice and mix (optional).
- Or (as it is done in restaurants), take 1 Cup of the cooked rice, add the brewed saffron and mix well. Add the saffron rice on top when you serve the rice. You can return the saffron rice back on top of the rice in the pot if you are not going to serve right away (optional).
- Add butter and mix well (optional).
[Optional (s) are for adding extra tastes, color and aroma].
You May Like: