Sabzi Polow "Herbed Rice"
- 2 Servings
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Basmati Rice, 250 grams
- Parsley, 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- Dill, 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- Chives, 1 tablespoon (green parts only, chopped)
- Coriander, 5 tablespoon (chopped)
- Fenugreek, 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon
- Wash the rice a few times until the water runs clear
- Finely chop up the parsley, dill, chives, coriander and fenugreek (you can find the dried version of this "Dried Sabzi For Polow" in Persian food shops. Use 3/4 cup instead)
- Place the rice in the rice cooker and add water. Add about same amount of water you do for other types of rice (Japanese rice). Usually for 1 cup of rice, one and a half cup of water is added.
- When the rice is done, gently stir the rice first to separate the rice grains, then add the chopped vegetables gradually and mix well (If you use dried mixed herb, soak in the water for about 5 minutes, drain in a colander and squeeze to remove excess water before mixing).
Sabzi Polow usually is served with fried fish. Sabzi Polow with fish is one of the dishes that are cooked for Nowruz "Iranian New Year".