Meygoo Polow "Rice With Shrimp"
- 2 Servings
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Basmati Rice, 250 grams (1 cup is about 125 grams)
- Shrimps peeled, deveined with no tails, 200 grams
- Raisin, 50 grams
- Garlic, 2 cloves
- Red Pepper, 1/3 teaspoon
- Dried Fenugreek, 1/3 teaspoon
- Ginger, fresh or powder 1/3 teaspoon
- Turmeric, 1/3 teaspoon
- Salt, 1/3 teaspoon
- Cooking Oil, 3 tablespoons
- Wash the rice a few times until the water runs clear
- Mince the garlic
- Mince the ginger (if you are using fresh ginger)
- Cut the shrimps in small pieces as preferred. In a bowl combine the shrimps, garlic, pepper, fenugreek, ginger, turmeric, salt, 1 tablespoon oil and mix well (it would be tastier if you marinate for an hour)
- Place the rice in the rice cooker and add water. Add about same amount of water you do for other types of rice (Japanese rice). Usually for 1 cup of rice, one and a half cup of water is added. The marked lines in the rice cooker’s pot make it easier to remember whether next time, you should add a little more or a little less for a better result. Close the lid and press the ON button.
- Start with a hot pan. Add oil to the pan and swirl it. When the pan is hot enough add the shrimps in a single layer and fry on a medium heat for about 1 minute until they begin to turn pink and curl. Now flip them over and fry the other side. When they are done add the raisin, stir for about 30 seconds and turn off the heat.
- When the rice is done, gently stir the rice first to separate the rice grains, then add the shrimps gradually and mix well.