Loobia Polow "Rice With Green Beans"
- 2 Servings
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Basmati Rice, 250 grams (1 cup is about 125 grams)
- Ground Beef, 200 grams
- Green Beans, 200 grams
- Onion, 1 small size (100 grams)
- Ground Cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomato Paste, 1 tablespoon
- Salt, 1/2 of a teaspoon
- Turmeric, 1/3 of a teaspoon
- Ground Chili Pepper, 1/4 of teaspoon
- Cooking Oil, 3 tablespoons
- Place the rice in the rice cooker and add water. Add about same amount of water you do for other types of rice (Japanese rice). Usually for 1 cup of rice, one and a half cup of water is added. The marked lines in the rice cooker’s pot make it easier to remember whether next time, you should add a little more or a little less for a better result. Close the lid and press the ON button.
- Put the green beans in a pot, add boiling water until it covers them all, cover with the lid and simmer for about 5 minutes until the beans are tendered. Stop the heat.
- Pour cooking oil in a pan, add the onion and fry until translucent. Add the beef and fry until the meat turns slightly brown. Lower the heat.
- Add the cinnamon, salt, turmeric, chili pepper, tomato paste and mix thoroughly.
- Drain the water from the boiled beans, add to the frying pan, mix well and turn off the heat.
- When the rice is done, gently stir the rice first to separate the rice grains, then add the meat-green beans mixture gradually and mix well.
Usually plain yogurt is the side dish served with Loobia Polow.