Kotlet "Cutlet-Beef Patties"
- 2 Servings
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Ground Beef, 200 grams
- Potato, 200 grams
- Onion, 150 grams
- Egg, 1
- Garlic, 2 cloves
- Ground Turmeric, 1/3 teaspoon
- Ground Black Pepper, 1/3 teaspoon
- Salt, 1/3 teaspoon
- Cooking Oil for frying
- Grate the onion
- Grate the potatoes
- Mince the garlic
- In a big bowl combine all the ingredients and mix well until the mix is quite even.
- Take a fistful of the mixture and make a small ball out of it. Then pat it to flatten into an oval or a circle shape with a thickness of 1cm.
- Heat up some cooking oil in a pan. Over medium heat, fry few kotlets at a time making sure you are not crowding them.
- Once the bottom has turned into a golden/brown color, flip them over and fry the other side.
Kotlet usually is served together with fresh herbs, slices of tomato and pickles over Chelow "White Rice", or you could make a tasty sandwich out of the whole thing. I used pita bread, but you can use any type of bread you'd like.
This is one of the Persian dishes that can be served warm or cold which makes it a favorite picnic choice.