Khoresht Karafs "Celery Stew"
- 2 Servings
- Cooking Time: 65 minutes
- Chop up the meat into small pieces
- Peel and dice the onion
- Cut celeries into 3cm long pieces
- Finely chop up the parsley, mint and celery leaves
- Mince the garlic
- 4 cups of boiling water
- Pour 4 tablespoons of oil into the cooking pot and fry the onion until translucent. Add salt, black pepper, turmeric, garlic and mix thoroughly.
- Add the meat and stir until they are brown on all sides (browning keeps the meat firm and prevents from melting in the stew).
- Make few holes into the dried lime and add it to the pot together with 2 cups of hot water. Cover with the lid and cook over medium low heat for about 45 minutes. Add more hot water if needed.
- Pour oil in a pan and fry the celery until they turn brighter green and slightly brown on the edges.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the pan stir and fry for a couple of minutes until the color turns into dark green.
- Add the celery and fried vegetables to the cooking pot stir and mix well. Adjust the seasoning, add water if needed and continue cooking for another 20 minutes (celery should not become too soft), (if you are using lemon juice instead of dried lime, add it together with the celery and vegetables to the cooking pot).
Khoresht-e Karafs is served with Chelow "white rice".