Kashke Baademjaan "Eggplant Dip"
- 2 Servings
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Plain Yogurt, 200 grams
- Eggplant, 3 small sizes (300 grams)
- Onion, 1 medium size (150 grams)
- Garlic, 2 cloves
- Turmeric, 1/3 teaspoon
- Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon
- Dried Mint, 1 tablespoon
- Cooking oil
- Peel eggplants and slice length-wise to a thickness of 1 centimeter
- Peel the onion and slice thinly
- Mince the garlic
- Mix half of the dried mint with the yogurt
- Pour oil into a pan, add the eggplants and fry on both sides on medium heat until golden. Remove the eggplants from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and fry over medium heat until golden. Add salt, black pepper, turmeric, garlic, the remaining of the dried mint, mix thoroughly and continue frying for a minute.
- Add the eggplant to the pan and mix with the onion. Turn off the heat.
- Add the yogurt and stir until everything evenly mixed. Adjust the seasoning and serve with bread.
Kashke Baademjaan is a garlic yogurt mixture with the taste of caramelized onion and fried eggplant. If you would like it creamier add more yogurt.
I used Yogurt for this recipe, but Kashke Baademjaan originally is made by "Kashk - Whey", which can be bought in Iranian shops.